Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sunrising Bedding 12 Inch Ultimate Comfort Memory Foam Mattress Plush,Queen

I have to start by saying that I have had my old mattress for 20 years and have been researching mattresses for over 2 years but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger and get one until now.  I knew a memory foam was what I wanted but most I looked at in the stores and online had reviews talking about the horrible toxins and odor for several weeks after purchase all of which I was trying to avoid since my husband has sensitivity to odors and chemicals. After reading about the Sunrising guarantee and that it was CertPUR-US approved (made without ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (flame retardants), no mercury, lead or other heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates and low VOCs, I went for it and ordered. 

The mattress arrived in a tall box that was heavy. It had a queen sized mattress inside so no surprise there. It comes decompressed and rolled surrounded by a heavy plastic that protected it well. We hauled it inside and unwrapped it letting it "breathe" for the recommended 48 hours. Then, we removed out old mattress off our existing box spring that is in great condition, made the bed and slept on it that night.

The mattress has a removable, washable cover that makes it very easy to keep clean; something I was concerned about. The foam is a solid 12 inches with 3.5 inches being plant-based foam that allows air circulation to keep you cooler and the remaining 8.5 inches ultra-support foam. 

Now, my first night, it felt weird. Not bad, just different. When you lay on the foam, it really does mold to your body shape and takes a few nights to get used to. I am a hot sleeper and found I didn't need all those cover like I normally do because I was at a great temperature all night. Not hot, not cold. My typical achy spots are my hips from being a side sleeper and my shoulders. I didn't realize how bad I was sleeping until the second morning when I woke up feeling like I had slept for days when it was only 7 hours. My husband keeps saying after 20 years, he is sleeping the best he ever has. After having neck fusion, low back and knee surgeries, he is ecstatic how none of those problem areas are waking him up in the night and causing him so much pain in the mornings. I cannot rave enough about how happy we are with this mattress and at a fraction of what the stores wanted for a lower quality mattress. Firm level out of 10 is about 6/7. Not too hard, but definitely not squishy. Great product made very well with Eco-friendly materials and an unbelievable price. Add the awesome 20 years warranty and I'm a happy camper.

For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment